|Not just a sale, but you can also try sample pieces from past runway collections and place orders|
#1: Keiichi Tanaami print dress from AW 2008-09
|SG’s awesome painting #1|
|SG talking to a woman. Shot from the lounge area|
|SG about to call the police on me|
|SG talking to his men wearing a black velvet jacket|
|SG at the stall where his work was on display|
|SG’s awesome painting #2|
|SG’s wife’s (Bharati Kher) painting right opposite his stall. infact you can see the reflection of his name on her work.|
And the ones that are not artsy but probably like to hang out at art scenes are intriguing as well.
I wonder what they think of girls who hang out at art scenes and click random boys?
Some boys we saw at IAS 2011:
I especially enjoyed the work by F.N. Souza which seemed to be present in every alternate gallery stall.
The Delhi Art Gallery also recently re-opened after 16 months of renovations. They have a show on with MF Hussain, Souza, and Raza’s work that seemed larger than any collection I have seen at one gallery. Then again, I havent seen many art shows to claim anything.
Some images from the India Art Summit of Souza;s work:
|the shoot was held at an art deco style hotel club|
|the Mc Donalds on the vintage couch screamed for a click|
|the red walls and gold interiors went perfectly well with the navy and camel color jackets Rin chose|
|The final result: 6 pages fashion shoot for MW India|
|I liked the wool toga coat that the model owned|
|Model Ilya Fedorov up close. Looks really different from what he does in the shoot|
When I got an invitation to meet jewelery designer Mawi, it was an event not to be missed. Ozel was celebrating their launch of Mawi’s collection, also making them the first to bring this Indian born artist’s creation in India for the first time.
Ms. Mawi (pronounced मोई I think ) Keivom is as nice of a lady as she is a designer. Her jewelery is contemporary and not specific for a certain genre; or made for a specific type of the customer. I had been lusting on her jewelery since past couple of months and was anxious to know if they will be stocking the same pieces in Delhi soon. Thankfully the latest pieces will be available here and also people can place orders for a specific design which might not be in their stock.
Mawi is now based in London with her husband and business partner (Mr. Tim). While she is at that stage of her career where doors are opening from all directions, they took some time off from their busy schedule and spoke with everyone at the lunch event. Click below for a summary of an exclusive interview she did for lovestruckcow:
- What accessories (shoe, bags and jewelery) are you wearing today?
- We have seen some amazing results from your collaboration with British fashion designers. Would you like to collaborate with Indian designers in the future.
- Do you visit Delhi often?
- Does India serve as an inspiration to you?
- Your recent collection ‘Punk Rajah’ and the SS 2011 collection ‘Gypsy Rani’ indicate a connect with India. Could you elaborate on how these collections came into being?
|Heirloom collection SS 2011|
|punk rajah collection – crystal and spike bracelet|
- Any particular place in Delhi you like to visit for inspiration or purchasing materials from?
- A proud moment being a jewelery designer?
|Mawi’s collection display at the event|
- A particular Indian you would love to see wearing your creation?
|Guests who attended the launch event|
- In 2010 Michele Obama was the fairy godmother for a lot of emerging talents around the world. Would you like her to wear one of your statement neck pieces and what would you suggest for her from your collection?
|notice the hand painted rose on the pearls|
|Mary Katrantzou AW 2010 collection piece that had the print from Mawi’s costume luxe book|
|Rihanna decked up in Mawi’s SS 11 jewelery|
|Mawi Costume luxe Dynamite Bauble necklace|
|Mawi Sunray tube necklace|